“WHERE DO OUR CHILDREN SPEND MOST OF THEIR WAKING MOMENTS? AT SCHOOL, THEREFORE SCHOOL RADIATION SHOULD BE AT THE TOP OF OUR CONCERNS AND ENSURING THE REMOVAL OF WIFI EXPOSURE SHOULD BE OUR TOP PRIORITY FOR IMPROVING CALIFORNIA’S PUBLIC SCHOOLS.
HARD WIRED INTERNET CONNECTIONS OFFER A SAFE OPTION FOR ALL STUDENTS AND STAFF.”
Will you sign this petition? Click here:
My comments on the above petition:
Wireless computers and routers at school transmit microwave and radar frequencies (EMR). Studies show EMR disrupts cellular communication, damages immune and nervous systems, desynchonises brain and heart rhythms, and causes headaches, sleep problems, tinnitus, anxiety and other health effects. The WHO IARC classifies EMR as a 2B carcinogen, in the same category as DDT and lead.
Children are more vulnerable to EMR because their skulls are thinner and bodies are still growing. Health authorities are calling for reduced screen time, for elementary and junior high ages: less than one hour a day. For high school age, less than two hours a day.
Using technology responsibly would require schools to:
1) Remove wireless routers, and wireless phone systems from schools.
2) Use only hardwired computers with wireless turned off, and wired phones.
3) Screen time should be limited to one hour a day.
4) Homework on the computer must be optional.
5) Failing the above steps, schools should, at the very least: a) notify parents they are using EMR, b) measure exposure levels in the school and make the info public; and c) provide a map as to the locations of all routers and wireless infrastructure; and d) Teachers notify parents of children’s screen time.
Sandi Maurer, EMF Safety Network