Cordless DECT phones constantly transmit electromagnetic radiation from the base and when you talk on it. Cell phones also transmit, even when you aren’t using them. The World Health Organization classifies wireless radiation as a possible carcinogen, in the same category as DDT, lead and engine exhaust. WHO Press release, May 2011
This radiation creates a toxic environment for your family and your neighbors as the radiation transmits for a long distance, even through walls.
California Department of Public Health (CDPH) 2014 guidance on How to reduce Exposure includes:
- “Cell phones, like other electronic devices, emit a kind of energy called radiofrequency EMFs (electromagnetic fields). Health officials are concerned about possible health effects from cell phone EMFs because some recent studies suggest that long-term cell phone use may increase the risk of brain cancer and other health problems.”
- What about cell phone EMFs and children? “EMFs can pass deeper into a child’s brain than an adult’s. Also, the brain is still developing through the teen years, which may make children and teens more sensitive to EMF exposures. For these reasons, parents may want to limit their child’s cell phone use to texting, important calls, and emergencies. Pregnant women, children, and teens can also follow the tips for reducing exposure listed above.”
- The CDPH recommends: Increase the distance between you and your phone by: Using the speaker phone, sending text messages, keep your phone away from your body, limit your cell phone use when reception is weak, reduce the amount of time spent talking on a cell phone, keep cell phone calls short, even when using a wireless or wired headset. AND Do not rely on devices that claim to shield or neutralize EMFs from cell phones.
The American Medical Association (AMA) highlights harmful effects of screen time in youth https://www.ama-assn.org/press-center/press-releases/ama-highlights-harmful-effects-screen-time-youth See following screen shot:
- Keep your cellphone in airplane mode and only turn it on to send or receive messages.
- Do not wear or carry a cell phone “ON” your body.
- Use a speakerphone or wired earpiece (hollow tube).
- Do not talk or text while driving or in a car.
- Turn cell phones off in public places and put them out of sight.
Medical warnings needed on DECT cordless phone use Don Maisch, EMFacts Consultancy exposes the hazards of DECT cordless phones that constantly emit wireless radiation from the telephone base. These phones are widely in use in homes and businesses.
Use of mobile phones and cordless phones is associated with increased risk for glioma and acoustic neuroma: Study by L. Hardell
Children: The Russian National Committee on Non Ionizing Radiation Protection advises against cell phones for 18 years and under and warns of the following health risks to children: disruption of memory, decline of attention, sleep problems, diminished learning and cognitive abilities, increased irritability, stress and epileptic readiness. RNCNIRP Flier A Swedish study found that young adults who use cell or cordless phones before age 20 have five times the risk of brain tumors.
Second hand exposures: Swiss researchers measured cell phone radiation exposure during car, bus and train trips. Their study published in the Journal of Exposure Science and Environmental Epidemiology identified secondhand exposure to cell phone radiation from other people’s cell phones can be considerable while traveling on buses and trains. Second hand radiation
History: Cellular telephone Russian Roulette is a historical and scientific perspective on cell phone technology by Robert C. Kane, PhD.
Public Health: University of Pittsburg’s Cancer Institute Dr. Ron Herberman’s memo faculty to staff, Important Precautionary Advice Regarding Cell Phone
Cindy Sage, co editor of the BioInitiative Report Plain Talk on Cell Phone Safety
Find science abstracts on wireless cell and cordless radiation Shortcut to Science
Dr. Christine Aschermann writes about her personal observations made in her medical practice, that “there has been an increased occurrence of cognitive and psychological disorders with exposure to telecommunications.” Personality changes caused by mobile telecommunications
Disconnect-Cell Phones- Devra Davis (news coverage) This is an excellent primer on cell phone safety, what the cell phone manual says, how the safety standards were developed, what the science says, conflicts in science, etc.
Teléfonos Celulares y Salud por Dr. Joel Moskowitz The Green Gazette, Sept/Oct 2013 Espanol: http://bit.ly/1eO5s2F
California Brain Tumor Association (CABTA)
If you are wondering if protection devices will really protect you read this commentary by Dr. Louis Slesin: Scams Galore