On December 18, 2012 a PG&E meter reader whistleblower tells the California Public Utilities Commission judge that:
- Smart Meters CAUSE FIRES.
- PG&E is covering up the Smart Meter fire risk.
- PG&E fired him because he was unwilling to keep quiet.
- Smart Meter deployment cost not 2.2 billion, but ten billion dollars.
- *Smart Meter deployment is illegal because it is a crime of fraud against the consumers of California.
- No one does gas surveys but the meter readers.
Thanks to EON for this important video clip.
* Of interest to note that the CPUC description as stated on their website home page in 2008 (3/16-via wayback machine) included protection against fraud, today that’s been removed.
2008: “The PUC regulates privately owned telecommunications, electric, natural gas, water, railroad, rail transit, and passenger transportation companies, in addition to authorizing video franchises. Our five Governor-appointed Commissioners, as well as our staff, are dedicated to ensuring that consumers have safe, reliable utility service at reasonable rates, protecting against fraud, and promoting the health of California’s economy…”
2013: The CPUC regulates privately owned electric, natural gas, telecommunications, water, railroad, rail transit, and passenger transportation companies. The CPUC serves the public interest by protecting consumers and ensuring the provision of safe, reliable utility service and infrastructure at reasonable rates, with a commitment to environmental enhancement and a healthy California economy. We regulate utility services, stimulate innovation, and promote competitive markets, where possible.”