[mashshare] The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is accepting comments on whether or not to fast-track 5G wireless networks. 5G will use a dense distribution of antennas (called “small cell”) on power and light poles throughout our towns, cities and rural areas. Fast tracking 5G deployment will thwart public participation and impede local control.
Mobilitie, the company that has petitioned the FCC claims: “ALL Americans” want wireless, and wireless is now an essential public service. Mobilitie argues “Robust deployment of wireless facilities and networks demonstrably serves the public interest…”, and “The Commission has found that all consumers require wireless broadband to have true and meaningful access to the Internet.”
Wireless is not required to access the internet! We can have safer internet access by using wired connections!
Last year, the US government, led by the National Toxicology Program (NTP) linked cancer to cell phone radiation. This study illustrates the need to reduce wireless frequencies not add more!
Will you take a few minutes to comment? The deadline is Wednesday March 8.
1. Start here: https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/filings
2. Click on “Express Comment”
3. Type in 16-421 into the “Proceedings” Field. A drop down menu will appear, choose Docket No: 16-421
4. Fill out all required fields, write your comment and click continue.
6. Review and submit.
7. Write down your confirmation # so that you can check on your submission.
NTP study can be found here:
Mobilitie Petition to FCC http://narc.org/wp-content/uploads/Mobilitie-253-Petition-AS-FILED-c1-c1.pdf