Senate Bill 649 would force installation of radiation emitting cell towers into neighborhoods and countrysides throughout California. How many? Likely one every couple hundred feet. If SB 649 passes you could awake in 2018 with a cell tower right outside your bedroom window.
SB 649 would harm California. Peer-reviewed published science shows radiation is harmful to people, and nature. Children are especially vulnerable.
SB 649 would eliminate local control and public input. It would allow unlimited access to deploy refrigerator-size equipment on utility and light poles, and sidewalks with no safety oversight. Cities would have no recourse to remove a tower even if every resident complained.
Take action to stop SB 649!
- Contact your California Assembly person and Senator and tell them to VOTE NO on SB 649. Find yours here: http://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov/
- Print and hand out flyers to friends and neighbors, write in your Assembly member and Senator contact info on the flyer #StopSB649 hand-out
- Sign this petition: https://petitions.moveon.org/sign/oppose-sb-649-stop-the.fb51?source=s.icn.fb&r_by=18676543
- Donate: http://emfsafetynetwork.org/donate-now/
- Ask organizations to oppose SB 649. Here’s how. Please note the deadline for letters has been changed to August 22. Please check back for updates.
- Peer-reviewed published science shows harmful effects of radiation include: increased cancer risk, cellular stress, headaches, sleep problems, learning and memory disorders and more. Children are especially vulnerable. See www.bioinitiative.org See also: Biological Effects from Radiofrequency Radiation / and www.emfscientist.org
- SB 649 would harm nature. Peer reviewed published studies found radiation harms trees, birds, bees and insects. Studies of radiation impacts on wild birds documented nest abandonment, plumage deterioration and death. https://www.ntia.doc.gov/files/ntia/us_doi_comments.pdf More studies here: http://www.emfresearch.com/emf-wildlife/
- SB 649 would lay the groundwork for 5G millimeter wave technology. Peer reviewed published science shows millimeter waves adversely affect health. https://goo.gl/gbBKHL More studies here.
- 271 cities, 47 (out of 58) counties, and dozens of health, environment, consumer, and justice organizations representing millions of Californians have opposed SB 649. List opposed to SB 649 as of 8:21:2017
- Environmental Working Group
- AARP American Association of Retired Persons
- Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments
- Ecological Options Network, EMF Safety Network
- Dr. Golomb Oppose SB 649
Please circulate this information on Facebook and Twitter.